5/22/2010

First smiles



Mommy informed me your hearing and sight are developing more obviously.

It's just that I've been away for only three days, and you start smiling more frequently? How life can be so unfair. I saw you smile a couple of times, but not like that! (see above picture)

You're 13 days old, please don't hurry. I'm 20 plus years something and I'm almost never in a hurry. Please wait for daddy on thursday, don't even dare to start talking or walking or anything between today and Thursday or i'll tsinelas you.

Even though people jokingly, and continuously express their awe and bewilderment on how apparent our skin tones differ, and how you look more like your mother or everyone else except me, in color and eyes, and face, I still believe you look like daddy.

Just as how the Lola's and Lolo's (both sides) think you look like them, and my brothers and mommy's siblings think so too. The neighbors didn't seem to react , good thing.

Let's just say everybody looks like you, for now. But later on, they'd know how handsome you and daddy really are.

Regardless of looks, I know you want to be an Astronaut someday. Seriously?

You know how you managed to unwrap yourself in the nursery repeatedly, when all others were silently content inside their cocoons.

Or how you listened attentively to elmo's incessant and almost demented laughing with Big Bird just because they'll be taking a break from play, though sang about it.

And how you looked at daddy when I tried my best to make all kinds of faces, and twitching, becoming a professinal face distortionist, to try and stimulate your brain, according to them, though I don't think you need that much stimulation.

With almost all possible sound imaginable I could produce, from a Zergling Monkey to a high pitched a choo choo choo repeat 10x, to a kroo kroo that sounds like a crossbreed species of a parrot and a steam engine train, I tried and I knew you were listening.

Nevertheless, you stopped crying, and looked intently at me and I knew you were indeed paying attention, with that "What the #$! is this" expression in your eyes.

You don't have to thank me, it;s better that way than leave you crying like a baby, staring at nowhere, though that practice can hone your vocals too I guess. Perhaps the first Filipino Philippine Idol?

Seriously the First Filipino Astronaut? I'd have no choice but to support you

2 comments:

fetus said...

ana. supportive kaayo's anak

Niq said...

=)nice post