6/05/2008

I want to learn Tennis





I've never had any particular reason to watch any tennis, i had one attempt to learn the sport, but i hit the balls too hard i ran out of breath and got tired more out of picking up the balls than actually hitting them.

The closest tennis i've ever played were those times when we were little and we used to play baseball using tennis balls with my neighbors, and hitting each one, and losing each one everytime.

It was Baby my neighbor who hit most of the tennis balls we had to oblivion.

And so i learned after a couple of years that he was one of the Philippine Little Leaguers who won the world championships and was one of their best hitters. tsk. no wonder.

But not after seeing Dementieva,who looked so *&^) in pink and Sharapova of course. They make me want to watch tennis, they make want to go to Russia. *()^

But then they were knocked out by their fellow Russian Safina, who had this "impossible is nothing" attitude. yeah. Idol.

Tennis is a beautiful sport.

Pero manononood na lang ako. tangna :)

8 comments:

duke said...

aym bak, poknat!!

fetus said...

nanonood din ako nito minsan sa studio 23! wehehehe... we got ballz!!!

rudyman said...

tang ina tlga si dementieva. idol! :)

escape said...

playing tennis is really fun. when i was a kid i was enrolled in a tennis class but it didn't work quite well. not until i was already working when i decided to learn and play.

now im enjoying it. i recommend that you try.

Janeca said...

My mom is a good tennis player. She's always been athletic all her life so even at her age now--she's 54--she still wins games against 20-something girls and even against male players. Naturally, she's been bugging me for yeeeaaarrs to learn so we can play together. I, on the other hand, would rather vegetate in front of Nickelodeon. Hahaha. I love watching the game, though. I never miss Wimbledon and Roland Garros.

rudyman said...

dong, that's the problem i have now. i can't learn anything new as fast and as efficient as when i was young. kaya madaling ma discourage. but i will be enrolling in boxing classes soon for the sake of the art of boksing. they've been calling me boom2x when they saw me spar with a heavyweight friend here sa kalye2x boksing trip namin, tangna :)

rudyman said...

janeca,

wow. i bet you're moms gonna beat me in tennis even when her blindfolded. nyaha ganun tlga mga parents. my father was a baseball player. and as early as 4 years old, i was already being thrown fast pitched baseballs close range.. and i never got tired playing baseball ever since. though hanggang regional games lang ang naabutan ko.. :) i love watching the tennis too, especially when elena dementiava is playing grrr.

atticus said...

when i get the urge to work out...
i lie down until it passes.

(borrowed from a great man whose name escapes me).